WhatsApp and its service not available on some older smartphones. It will be discontinued from more phones running on older Operating Systems in the coming months. WhatsApp will not be available on smart phones running Apple’s iOS 10 and earlier. Many Android mobiles and iPhones on this list. WhatsApp is abandoning phones running earlier OS and 4.1 Jelly Bean. WhatsApp’s new decision will affect 43 models of phones from various mobile phone manufacturers.
Geophone users don’t worry, WhatsApp will continue on Geophone models starting with KaiOS 2.5.1. At the same time, WhatsApp will stop working on many older Android and iOS devices that are still running.WhatsApp has already asked consumers to replace outdated smartphones with new ones. Phones with these operating systems were previously not allowed to open a new WhatsApp account. Accounts cannot be verified again at this time. WhatsApp claims that users who change phones will not be able to transfer old chats from one platform to another. But they can attach files to emails and download old chats. In early 2016, WhatsApp started shutting down the service on older phones.
This is part of bringing new features to WhatsApp and increasing security. The company has made it clear that those with old phones still won’t be able to buy WhatsApp without buying a new phone. WhatsApp engineers urge owners of older models to purchase a newer smartphone model as soon as possible. WhatsApp made this clear on its official blog.Launched in 2009, WhatsApp is testing a number of new features. All of this will not work on older operating systems. When WhatsApp first launched, Apple’s App Store was only a few months old. About 70% of smartphones at the time were owned by BlackBerry and Nokia. Today, however, 99.5% of mobile phones run on the platforms of Google, Apple and KaiOS. At that time, these companies did not even have 25% influence in the market. WhatsApp officials say they are making changes over time.
Phone models that lose WhatsApp service.
Whatsapp stops supporting older phones mentioned below from 1st November 2021.
1. Apple: iPhone SE, 6S, 6S Plus
2. Samsung: Galaxy Trend Lite, Galaxy Trend II, Galaxy S II, Galaxy S3 Mini, Galaxy X Cover 2, Galaxy Core, Galaxy S2.
3. LG: Lucid 2, Optimus F7, Optimus F5, Optimus L3 II Dual, Optimus L5, Optimus L5 II, Optimus L5 Dual, Optimus L3 II, Optimus L7 II Dual, Optimus L7 II , NACT, Optimus L4 II Dual, Optimus F3, Optimus L4 II, Optimus L2 II, Optimus Nitro HD, 4X HD, Optimus F3Q.
4. ZTE: Grand S Flex, ZTE V956, Grand X Quad V987, Grand Memo.
5. Wavy: Ascend G740, Ascend Mate, Ascend D Quad XL, Ascend D1 Quad XL, Ascend P1S, Ascend D2.
6. Sony: Xperia Miro, Sony Xperia Neo L, Xperia Arch S.
This is the details about , WhatsApp stops supporting older phones on Android and iPhone .